Monday, March 22, 2010

door nails

within the soft hum of a city night
i'm left in a flight
in wake of the days the preceded
aromas of what's keeping me sane
bound to my sweater

this is the death song
keeping in
to carry on
this is the death song
i'm lying upon
a familiar lawn

like nothing ever mattered
i'm reminding myself of times
that left me out in the rain
below your window
chipping away
hoping you'd change your mind
in a year's time

this is the song of renaissance
with the curtains beating away
at the window pain
whenever strong winds come
and the sky isn't the same

this is the song for lonely hearts
that have suffered out in the cold
out in the black
out in the ways when we try not to look back

we've grown a million miles a part
and you seem like a ghost to me
i'm apathetic towards any sort of repetition
i'm better now
i know better somehow
i'll remember your smile
for what it was
a lie at times
honest behind closed doors
tears could always tell me more
than your lips ever could
i wonder if he knows everything about you
like i thought i did

No comments:

Post a Comment